Dietitian refers to all aspects of the food and nutritional care of individuals and groups. It assists people to meet their individual needs within their own psychological, cultural and economic environments.
Services provided by the Dietitian are:
- Clinical assessment, particularly nutritional assessment
- Dietary information and advice
- Assessment and recommendation for provision of aids, such as eating utensils
- Assessment and recommendation of modifications to the home environment (ie. modifications to have better access to cooking facilities such as modifying or moving a stove)
- To support appropriate planning of food services or meal preparation activities